Wednesday, March 19, 2008

shimla






Loaded our bags on the roof of yet another bus shortly after sunrise for another seven hour tour through the mnts…sound nice…but only for the views…my back hurt the entire time and the seats weren’t big enough and every corner I had to hold on so I wouldn’t go flying out of the seat…the kid next to me barfed and in got on my pants and I thought ian was going to loose it there for a second…but he held strong like champion and we finally made it to shimla…where I sit now in a crows nest of a room…over looking the colonial buildings and the steep mnt valleys that they occupy. Its pretty European feeling here cause of the architecture, established as a vacation spot for the brits to escape the heat of the plains in the summers…the season hasn’t yet hit and today was cold and rainy…but that beats hot and sunny in my book…as long as we can hold onto our health…which weve been managing…somehow…miraculously, to maintain.
Theres this tripped out good old boys coffee house here straight out of some movie set that we like to go to and draw and munch…it’s a real nice scene…intimidating if your self conscious…but we blended right in, cause I copped one of the local wool and velvet caps that all the old guys wear….weve been experimenting with the local fashions along the way…and picking up some nice souvenirs and gifts and shit to give away when we get home with hopes of maintaining some friendships that disappearing acts like these tend to erase.
Anyways, the hills around shimla super spooky…big old trees…half abandoned crumbling colonial houses still occupied…barbed wire on everything to keep the monkeys back…and Christian churches…always freaky in themselves. Our room here was amazing though…and I got some of the trippest shots of the valley at night with reflections mirrors smoke candles ladders stars and blood red crosses…I think I stepped in a little too deep and all these demons and ghosts started popping up in the images…it was some sort of portal up there to another world…but a creepy one…so we left it the following morning for yet another town…but good night and sleep as long as you can…I have a mattress head…use it for free…thanks for the dreams…and all the codes…in every head is another universe…and were bending spoons with our brains. Code

No comments: